Friday 18 June 2021

Two Poems by Yuu Ikeda

 



Courage 

 

Fear is a crack of courage

 

From the crack,

tears drop

like moonlight does,

waves of tremble resound

like a symphony does

 

But

courage never breaks

 

Courage

that braced to feel fear

never breaks

even if invisible fear

makes it bloody

 

Courage has a crack

 

Into the crack,

waves of strong breath flow

like sunlight does

 

 

Bourbon Night 

 

Bourbon night

 

I'm merry on the hazy moon

 

Hovering world

soaks my veins

 

Bourbon night

 

I'm merry on picturesque wind

 

Waving world

dyes my veins pastel colors

 

Tonight is bourbon night

 

I'll never be able to know

the shape of tonight

 

But

I know

the scent of tonight,

the silhouette of tonight

 

Bourbon night

 

 



Yuu Ikeda is a Japan based poet. She loves writing, reading mystery novels, and drinking sugary coffee.

She writes poetry on her website.

https://poetryandcoffeedays.wordpress.com/

Her published poems are “On the Bed” in Nymphs, “Love? or Death?” in Sad Girl Review,

“Poetry Drops Like Raindrops Do” in JMWW and more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Paul Tristram

  Time For Repercussions   Oooh, ‘Emotional Annihilation’ and ‘Sadistic Submission’ … hang on a minute, I’m just gonna run and fet...