Friday 4 June 2021

Three Poems by Ivan Jenson



Angelic Visit


You bring a smile
with you just in case
somebody forgot theirs
and I have seen you
give free rides
to bad moods
and let them off
in a better place
that really cares
and you sneak
into dreams and
act like it is just
some happy
surreal accident
and just yesterday
you promised someone
that tomorrow
would be better
and backed it up
with fair weather
and I remember
you stole my heart
just for fun
but at least you
returned it
when you
were done




Interior Design


I have painted myself
into a corner like
a typical artist
and created
a self-portrait
more somber
than an amber Rembrandt
all so that you can see me
framed by the captivity
of my creativity
a pigment of my
stagnant imagination
staring into open space
hung crooked on a nail
and I hope you
truly see
that I need you
to take the initiative
and straighten me




Faint Praise


I walked away
from the conversation
about the weather
to stand under the
blue-eyed sky
with it’s puffy
cloud cheeks
and then I hugged
the trunk of a tree
and asked a squirrel
why we were both
in such a scurry
then I returned inside
the convention
in commemoration
of some man’s comb-over
compensation for being
pudgy in all the right
literary places
and though I felt
claustrophobic and bored
there was no escaping
it was me
they were honouring
with this award




Ivan Jenson is a fine artist, novelist and popular contemporary poet. His artwork was featured in Art in America, Art News, and Interview Magazine and has sold at auction at Christie’s. Ivan was commissioned by Absolut Vodka to make a painting titled Absolut Jenson for the brand’s national ad campaign. His Absolut paintings are in the collection of the Spiritmusuem, the museum of spirits in Stockholm, Sweden.  

Jenson's painting of the “Marlboro Man” was collected by the Philip Morris corporation. Ivan was commissioned to paint the final portrait of the late Malcolm Forbes.  Ivan has written two novels, Dead Artist and Seeing Soriah, both of which illustrate the creative and often dramatic lives of artists. Jenson's poetry is widely published (with over 600 poems published in the US, UK and Europe) in a variety of literary media. A book of Ivan Jenson's poetry was recently published by Hen House Press titled Media Child and Other Poems, which can be acquired on Amazon. Two novels by Ivan Jenson entitled, Marketing Mia and Erotic Rights have been published hardcover. 

 

Ivan Jenson’s new thriller  The Murderess is now available for preorder on Amazon US and Amazon UK and will be released June 1, 2021.  https://www.amazon.com/Murderess-Ivan-Jenson-ebook/dp/B08Z475FVG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=NX7H91PU54IN&dchild=1&keywords=ivan+jenson+the+murderess&qid=1621994303&sprefix=Ivan+Jenson+%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-2

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nine Poems by Rustin Larson

  Chet Baker   Just as a junkie would fall from a second story hotel window   in Amsterdam, I once fell from a jungle gym and hi...