Thursday 17 June 2021

One Poem by Susan Tepper


 


Scab

 

My hand dried the issue

senseless

though it scratched me

repeatedly

 

I scratched back

and grew a scab

high and thick and crusty

 

Couldn’t keep my hand

from picking it

till it bled

had to start over

 

I picked it again

repeatedly

repeatedly

returning the scab

to immortality




Susan Tepper is a twenty year writer and the author of nine published books of fiction and poetry.  Her most recent are a poetry chap CONFESS (Cervena Barva Press, 2020) and a funky road novel WHAT DRIVES MEN (Wilderness House Press, 2019). Currently, she’s in pre-production of an Off-Broadway Play she wrote and titled ‘The Crooked Heart’ based on artist Jackson Pollock in his later years. www.susantepper.com



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nine Poems by Rustin Larson

  Chet Baker   Just as a junkie would fall from a second story hotel window   in Amsterdam, I once fell from a jungle gym and hi...