1. Submissions are always open and free. Lothlorien Poetry Journal publishes periodically throughout the year.
* Poems: Include 1-5 poems in the body of your email or attached as a word doc in font Times New Roman 12-14 point, each poem preferably 150 lines or less. I also consider Haiku, Senyru and Tanka (minimum 5 each, maximum 10). Title your submission - eg. Poetry Submission by John Smith and send to LothlorienPoetryJournal@outlook.com. Also include a brief bio of 200 words or less and your photo.
* Short Stories and Flash Fiction: Include 1 short story/flash fiction piece, no more than 2500 and 1000 words respectively in the body of your email or attached as a word doc in font Times New Roman 12-14 point. Title your submission - eg. Short Story/Flash Fiction Submission by John Smith and send to LothlorienPoetryJournal@outlook.com. Also include a brief bio of 200 words or less and your photo.
* DO NOT SEND POEMS AND SHORT STORIES/FLASH FICTION AT THE SAME TIME.
2. I prefer unpublished poetry/short stories/flash fiction/video poems but will consider previously published work if the publishing rights have reverted back to you as author and you credit the original publisher. Please do not send simultaneous submissions.
3. If published, please wait two weeks before submitting again. If your submission is declined, please wait one month before submitting again.
4. Failure to follow these simple guidelines will ensure that your submission is immediately deleted. I have many submissions to read through and do not have the time to reply to someone and explain why I can't accept their submission.
5. Lothlorien Poetry Journal acquires exclusive one-time online/electronic and print rights to publish poetry and to maintain archives that contain current material. After publication, all rights revert to the author. If the work should be published in the future, Lothlorien Poetry Journal asks only for credit.
6. All works will be published on a rolling basis. Expect a wait time of 4-6 weeks for a response.
7) Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to pay our contributors but we will promote the work we publish on Facebook and Twitter. We hope to see your poems soon.
8) Lothlorien Poetry Journal publishes periodically, 4-8 issues every year. Contributors to each issue ( selected from the best work published on the Journal's Blog ) will be notified prior to publication and will receive a free PDF copy of the issue that features their work. A print and E-book version of each issue will be available to purchase on lulu.com and Amazon.
Lothlorien Poetry Journal nominates for the Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net.
* Help spread the beauty of Lothlorien Poetry Journal. Submit, follow, join the site and invite your friends.
best wishes to all. I would try submitting something but I do not use WORD at all.ReplyDelete
Try submitting in the body of your email Cindy.Delete
Thanks for the notice. I like the fact that you have clearly laid out the requirements of what you seek. Nothing vague.ReplyDelete
When is the next deadline for submission? Thanks and more power.ReplyDelete
Submissions are always open Dexter.Delete
i'm a self-published poet and i wanna submit poems from my book. can i do that? thanks and good evening.ReplyDelete
Hi Humblekind Poet. Yes, you can submit poems from your self published book if all of the publication rights have reverted back to you..StriderReplyDelete
thank you Strider for the response. seriously considering submitting. best regards.Delete
Nicely clear and very reasonable guidelines, Strider.ReplyDelete
Thank you Michael. Most appreciated.ReplyDelete
I would like to create a poem.....where can I read some examples please??ReplyDelete
Just read through the poets and their published poems here or buy the first printed issue.Delete
Just read through the list. Wonderful collection of poets. Excellent curating Strider Marcus Jones. CongratulationsDelete
Hi can I send my literary translation worksReplyDelete
Hi OMBUDSMAN, I will consider translations/transversions if sent with the original work and crediting the original author. Thanks for asking. ~ StriderDelete
Hi, hope you are doing well. can I send my poems too ?, I'm not native but I write prose and poetry. I'm From Iran.ReplyDelete
Hi, you are most welcome to submit your work to LPJ and I will consider it. Thank you for asking. ~ StriderDelete
Is the author photo requirement a must? I don't wish for my photo to be published (this, of course, if any work of mine is accepted when I submit). I tend to use the cover photo of my recent digital book in place of my photo...ReplyDelete
I prefer a author photo or none at all. Thanks. ~StriderDelete
This is a cool project.ReplyDelete
Thank you James. Most kind and appreciated.Delete
G’day mate, sent my submissions & donation, just hope my poems are ok…👍👍ReplyDelete