Monday 14 February 2022

Haiku & Other Poems by Richa Sharma

 



Gulmohar bloom
from my window
mother's new worry


i pass a graveyard
cleaner than my house
but at both places
birdsong
remains the same


this monotone morning
a flowering branch
in my balcony
a part of some tree
but how it makes my mind whole


this phase of life
like a grainy forest path
under moonlight
how easy for others to say
'everything will be fine'


the old outhouse
in our backyard
after reading a fairy tale
i wonder if i should open
the rusty door


reunion . . .
as our teas
grow cold
undoing all pretensions
of a life well lived


i tread
the road
where
fallen flowers
like to rest


sandcastle
my reverie breaks
into a wave


tonight
the moon and i
on the same wavelength


starry night
i stop thinking
the way he wants me to

 

Richa Sharma resides near New Delhi, India. She loves to read and write poetry. She is a nature lover, an avid sky watcher, and a dreamer. Her work has appeared in numerous international haiku journals since 2019.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!
    It was a great pleasure for me to read these wonderful poems. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

A Trip to the Zoo - Flash Fiction by Sam Kilkenny

A Trip to the Zoo Flash Fiction by Sam Kilkenny Mike lived in a house across from the zoo. He rented this little two bedroom with his roomma...