Thursday 29 June 2023

One Poem by Mark Hendrickson

 




MIDWEST LIVING (or MY APOLOGIES)

 

“Oops

Pardon me

Excuse me

After you

 

I didn’t mean to

No, it was my fault, really

I’m just a bit accident prone

I wasn’t looking where I was going

 

Oh, I didn’t say anything

Don’t mind me

I can’t say

I wouldn’t know

 

You go, I’ll be fine

I’ll just wait here

I’m fine, really

Can’t complain

 

It’s nothing

It’ll wait

It’s not important

We’ll talk about it later

 

Never mind

Forget about it

I’m sure it’ll be alright

It doesn’t matter

 

None of my business

I couldn’t possibly

I don’t want to know

Well, I’ll  be”





Mark Hendrickson is an emerging poet who recently relocated to the Des Moines area.  His work has appeared  or is forthcoming in Synkroniciti, Lothlorien Poetry Journal, Honeyguide, and Swing. Before becoming a poet, Mark worked for many years as a mental health technician in a locked psychiatric unit.  He has advanced degrees in Music, Health Information Management, and Marriage & Family Therapy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Three Poems by Jan Coulter

  Our Demise   Night stars rend the moon in two, with ragged sword of experience.   Her edges raw and sharp are bleeding a...