Wednesday 21 June 2023

Five Poems and Ten Short Form Poems by C.X. Turner

 




 

on the edge

the waves

that touch me

 

*

 

beads

and empty bowls…

her pantry full

 

*

 

cello for sale—

the empty chords

of depression

 

*

 

in the wind

folding sheets

the lies I tell myself

 

*

 

my heart

a scattered deck of cards

I used to hold close

 

*

 

in the glow

of moonlight

fish bones

 

*

 

dawn walk stretching my spine yellow tulip

 

*

 

browsing

the second-hand bookshop

from my deckchair

 

*

 

heavy rain

stopping only

to write a poem

 

*

 

ivy leaves the memories that cling on

 

*


Sunflowers


Caliginous flames

burn any light left on

this easel.

 

Pain pours

onto a fresh palette, but

 

the sunflowers

seed my eyes, unready

 

to grow

from this experience,

painting me with my version of you.



stem 

 

nothing

 

prepared me

for your truth

 

in my silence

 

cruel wind

swaying proof

 

lone dandelion

just stem

 

no wishes

or signs

 

left

 

to hold onto

 


Reconnecting

 

when we saw

each other’s

broken

 

pieces

love came

 

rosewater

kisses

shame

melting

 

away

 

unsilenced rain

pouring

into

 

us

reconnecting

who we really are

 

grief as distant as never

 

we learn how to become

whole

 

in a landscape

of

 

sighs

holding one another

in the fog

 

newly discovered

 

lives

when we see

each other's

 

broken pieces

love holds us together


 

Shoreline


rain . . .

its sounds

a mere memory

 

falling

flat

inside a minor key

mirroring

all the emptiness of charcoal

 

blackening

a sea sky

where you and I

exist

on days like this

 

translucent olivine

foamy

and adrift

on the shores of life


 

Rescue


and I just watch

as an ocean of candles flicker

 

within

 

the burning ambit

of what’s possible

 

on the horizon

 

an abandoned

lighthouse

 

breaking in

I rescue hope

 

flowers on a branching stem

steely-blue sea holly

silvers the resolve

 

to dampen

any darkness left






C.X. Turner (she/her) is a registered social work manager, living and working in the UK. Her poetry is mainly focused on writing short-form poems, on a daily basis, and she has been published widely, including recent and upcoming publication of long and short-form poetry in Drifting Sands, Whiptail, Humana Obscura, Modern Haiku, The Heron's Nest, Hedgerow, Drifting Sands, Ribbons, Kingfisher, Bones, and Otoroshi journals. She enjoys working collaboratively with other poets and on solo projects, currently has haiku on the streets of Washington D.C. as part of the Golden Triangle contest and is part of the Wales Haiku Journal team. She was three times Touchstone-nominated in 2022 and is currently working on a book of short poems and enjoying exploring different art mediums in her haiga. Connect with her on Twitter @lover__poetic and/or Instagram @love.rpoetic.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Poem by Bartholomew Barker

  Happy Hour Still in our dry-clean only's my tie loosened— top button relaxed after the work day At a long cobbled-together table...