Monday 17 April 2023

Five Poems by zO-AlonzO Gross

 




chamomile Tea

 

lead me 2 thy Door [

that openz like the Sun *

lead me 2 thy Shore [

of Flowin' Nectar doeZ it run*.

 

Lead me 2 thy Way, 

those waterz, 

refreshing',

lead me not astray,

lest (in duress) I Say,

"U Call This, 

A Blessing'?- I Pray,

 

Lead me 2 thy Core,

my Dove-&-my Greater ()

Lead me Evermore

in Love 

-&- in Thy Favor().

zO 

 

 

Heaven CrieZ

 

I'm sure u all heard the Cliche'-

When It RainZ It PourZ/

little kids slain in plain,

& they won't change the lawZ/

Uh...

So what can we say?,

When the Rich Reign & Cause/ 

Death 2 The OneZ who Speak Brave,

bloody-teeth stain their jaws/.

ItZ A Shame-

Cuz This blood-spurt 

can't be contained, 

with a gaus/ 

The Blood-SustainZ-

with "More Red" than the,

Suit on "Santa Claus"/ ๐ŸŽ„

Still We Lost/...

Still we "Blind", ๐Ÿ™ˆ

No Disrespect ta Ray Charles/

but be4 U "Play" these tech-gameZ,

Please...

Find a way ta "Pause". ๐Ÿ›‘

Thas "Right",

aint really nothin 

"left" ta say-

& No Silly,

Aint No "Future",

in a 

"Yesterday"-.

So next time It RainZ & PourZ ๐ŸŒง

Look 2 the Skies---

cuz when u see those Cloudy-ShoreZ,

that iZ when...

Heaven CrieZ.---.

zO

 

 

Virtue O' thornZ

 

empty lure wherein

thy avarice dwellZ {}

empty shoreZ therein

thy malice wailZ {} 

 

Herein lies,

Thy Cold piano worn  ๐ŸŽน

Mold on thy harpsichord 

O' Broken'd stringZ ~

Proud crieZ O' scorn...

betwixt blood droplets 

from thy ratchet'd 

Virtue O' thornZ ...

 

Loud Songbird ๐Ÿ•Š

O' tortur'd wingZ ~

a false sublimity forewarned...

Wherefore reality stingZ~

thy Withered Soul 

Tempestuously singZ~

thy songZ O' tethered Divinity torn...

 

2 blind ta see the sign •

with gauged eyeZ  

in a Putrid darkness---

pon' thy prophecy O' lieZ (rendered)

heartless---

Embracing thy ®uby stone

Dancing on a landmine •

(dismembered)

Thoughtless---

Lost in this Bliss---

0'

Perpetual Pantomime•

ye roam.

zO

 

 

SinZ of My Poppa

 

Poppa was a Cheater,

so i did the same/

Poppa was my Leader,

i bare his likeness, 

& name/.

Poppa liked ClotheZ-

(yeah) Poppa was Sharp\

from his head 2 his toeZ-

(yeah) i took this 2 heart\.

Now Poppa had a Temper*

my Temper is Hot)

4 as long as i remember*

but some thingZ i 4got).

Cuz Poppa had Addiction°

his vice was the bottle---

(Meanwhile)

weed was my affliction°

i did that full throttle---.

Poppa had different Women,

for different occasions^

i did the same,

thought i was Winnin,

Spanish, Black or Caucasian^.

But,

Poppa almost died'

so he looked at his Life~

he put the bottle down & cried'

got himself a Good Wife~.

So i learned from My Poppa,

his good & bad deedZ¬

Witnessed The SinZ of My Poppa,

Pray i don't pass em 2 my seedZ¬.

zO 

 

 

A Shepherd at day break

 

As I walk 

2 the ledge O'

terrain~•

I do sulk

on the edge of 

tear rain~•

bout ta leap 

where the sheep

gnaw the grain~•

out ta seek 

Death ☠️

4 all tis' a game. ~•

 

As I walk 

2 brink 

of demise ∆ 

Reaper stalkZ 

I feel clinkZ

In the rise ∆ 

Heart iZ dark ๐ŸŒ‘

TearZ I blink

I despise ∆ 

mine deep waterZ ๐ŸŒŠ

wherein shark ๐Ÿฆˆ

seek ta rise. ∆

 

Yea, 

as I step 

2 the flick O' 

the flame ๐Ÿ”ฅ*

ev'ry quick breath

tis' yet tethered 

in shame *

Mine soul dim 

bereft 

till the wind 

told my name *

as a kin 

whence one's limbZ 

fold in pain *

 

Quoth the wind "

son thy starZ 

still remain {}

Love again 

without remorse

nor disdain {} 

hope & passion 4 Life

doth sustain {}

knoweth time 

Tis' more fleeting

than fame" .{}

 

I turn away 

from the ledge 

O' terrain \ 

I yearn for dayZ 

with my greyZ 

Unrestrained \ 

standing proud 

In Blue Dusk...

Betwixt cloudZ 

I Exclaim \ 

And doth shout, 

2 the Dust...

"I SHALT NOT

DIE IN VAIN"!! \

zO


All poems herein © Alonzo -zO-Gross

 

 




zO-AlonzO Gross is an American Rap Artist, Composer, Producer Actor, Dancer, Writer, Publisher, Author & Multi Award Winning Poet. He is the Author of:

Inspiration, Harmony & The World Within (2012)

Soul Elixir: The WritingZ of zO (2018) 

POEMZ 4 U AND YOURZ (2021)

The Visions of Beya Bean Blue (2023) (Children's book)

the mc (The Meditative ContemplationZ) 2023, 

The Seed Royale Anthology book 1 Write or Die (2023)

Executive producer & contributor & WriteZ 0' Passage: Life on Life's TermZ (2023) 

zO lives in Pennsylvania with his Wife and 3 children

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Poems by Nancy Tinnell

  I want to sleep for half a second a second, a minute, a century but I want everyone to know that I am still alive that I have a go...