Thursday 6 April 2023

Five Poems by Amara Goldwalker

 



Moonsurfer



Crown me Princess of the Moon
So I can surf between the planets
Wearing boots and shoulder pads
Gleaming neath my shiny tiara
My flowing hair as bright as
The shining nighttime stars
Shooting righteous bolts of
Cosmic Justice Energy

I want to be cool, wrapped in
Chromatic molded plastic
Leopard printed fabric
New girl for the
Silver Millennium
Posing in corsets
On bedsets with
Velvet curtains on the wall

I’ll be a keyboard console
Cowboy rock star
Cyber hacker supernova
Daring ninja darling
Star of stage and screen
And private eye in my
Spare time, just for fun
Selling soda all the way

Planet power, ride my
Motorcycle down the
Information super highway
Public enemy number one
Beloved by all the
Downtrodden nerds
And girls still in the closet

And me and my
Pet tiger with the
Spiked collar and
My neon purple hair
Will live without
A care in the whole
World wide web
In pussy anarchy forever

Amen




Our Beach House on the Moon



In my dream we did not struggle
We were alone together
On a sleepy little island
In the sea
Beach house, boats
Our lives, drifting
Ethereal
Just us, the cats, and the waves

We floated, like vapors
Through our lives
Weightless
Timeless
A kind of manufactured innocence
No one to know about
Our crashed spaceship
Or the misadventures we had

A retirement fit for
The noblest of space pirates
To enjoy while we’re still
Young
Our bodies not yet broken
From age, and all the living
We still have yet
To do




Neptunian



My world lives in blacklight
Electric violins in the air
High in the skies above
Neptune

Erotic, chaotic excess
With unrestrained queer
Passion, a vaguely threatening
Aesthetic

Blue skin, glowing eyes
Bright lights dancing
Upon my flesh,
Undiminished

Deep in my primordial
Asteroid, where glowing
Crystals light flowing
Fountains

Munching on some stardust
Throbbing alien ecstasy
Me and my cosmic
Lovers

Feeling the beat of the
Solar wind pulsing
The high priestess dances
Rhythmically

And I sip the nectar
Of primordial comet water
Fabric of the cosmos,
Beloved




The Bloody Gruelling Work of Joy



I am a rainbow starlight warrior
My bloody sword of love
Slays demons real and alluded to
With sparkly bright euphoria

With my heart a burning star
Blowing the choking smoggy gloom
Away with glaring, gleeful solar fury
And boundless vengeful courage

Charging straight into the lungs
And guts within the void
Blowing clean all of its pus and dust
In prismatic violent victory

And in leaving, hope’s body count
I live through another day
Amid all this slaughtered sorrow
The bloody gruelling work of joy




Apollo Smile



Intergalactic
Moon child
Space babe
Dread pirate
Anime girl, IRL, a manic pixie fever dream

Punching robots
Flying rockets
Kung fu fighting
Supersonic
But people only like me when I’m happy

Pretty girl
Flower princess
Villain arc
Sorceress
All the different words to womanhood

Going home
From the concert
Feeding fish
Eating ramen
Really what you make of all the mess

Taller boots
Eyeliner
Vinyl chokers
Wildfire
All the different versions in the mirror

But what you do
Is what you see
No shame in it
All you can be
All we really get are tiny moments




Amara Goldwalker is a queer artist, poet, and author who lives on the New Hampshire seacoast. Her paintings have been featured in galleries throughout the area, often integrated with her poetry. Her poetry is known for vivid use of sci-fi, fantasy, and particularly cyberpunk imagery with many references to pop culture of the Y2K era, anime, and 1970s and 80s fantasy.




1 comment:

Five Poems by Ken Gosse

  Oddities and Endities, Five Poems about Poetry   The Day The Sky Laughed (a circular senryu)   Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird...