Tuesday 11 April 2023

One Poem and One Micro Story by Angel Edwards

 




Drunken Dine and Dash

They met on the park bench
where Harwood meets Jervis
7 summer dressed people
stood expectantly nervous

they walked down the hill
this party so merry
watched the sunset spill
rode granville island ferry

too much wine
a pub called Bridges
quick dash and dine
those well dressed bitches



Untitled

Micro Story

by Angel Edwards


I loved our vacations in the airstream where the six of us were close together. I thought it was splendid at night everyone within arms reach and almost in their own little compartment

I loved the morning sounds of my parents and my older sister preparing the breakfast for us. The trailer had special dishes they were pastel coloured pink, blue, yellow and green.

There was a small stove and my mother prepared fine meals for us in keeping with the time.  There was also a small fridge and a little bathroom with a sink and a toilet.

We would stop at campgrounds overnight and take showers.

When we were on the road we would stop at restaurants frequently and we all thought this was great fun too

The little Barbie doll kind of airstream trailer where everything is  perfect and so tiny; capable of magically turning into many different rooms at the flip of a board closing the cupboard. I found it all fascinating.

There was storage space under the bunkbed where we kept clothes and bedding.

My two sisters and my little brother and myself loved these long summer road trips usually to Saskatchewan to visit our grandparents

It was a time of family bonding and we all got along pretty well

 

I don't suppose anyone was more fascinated or in love with this trailer than my brother who as a young teenager( when my parents wanted to sell the trailer) he told  many white lies about the condition of the trailer and scared off potential customers.

The airstream remained in the family for a few more years. it was sold eventually once the children had all moved out on their own.

The parents had no need for the trailer as road travel no longer interested them.




Angel Edwards is a singer songwriter guitarist published writer published poet with 4 books from Vancouver BC Canada. Member of AFM local 145. BMI SOCAN

http://www.angeledwards.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bardspell - Prose Poem by Greg Patrick

  Bardspell Prose Poem By Greg Patrick   “Every life is in many days, day after day. We walk through ourselves, meeting robbers, ghost...