Friday 9 September 2022

Two Poems by Michele Rule



Attached

 

Winter’s chill runs through me

as I watch the world

from my bedroom window

Summer’s flowers 

skeletons in the garden

their warmth and vibrancy 

long returned to the earth

Dark arms of trees bare across grey skies

provide no shield or solace

Sounds of the city silenced 

by a thick smother of snow

The quiet is piercing 

A single flutter has me mesmerized

One leaf still attached to its bough

a final nod to life 

I wait for it to fall


 

Flow

 

Rain falls from suspended clouds above

Becomes part of my story

A gift to share and receive

Drops mix with tears

On my damp cheeks

In my imagination I can dance

Feel joy as my feet

Make patterns on dewy grass

Spin words into new chapters

Grow with the freshness of change

Defy death with this universal collaboration

 




Michele Rule is a disabled poet from Kelowna BC. She is especially interested in the topics of chronic illness, relationships and nature. Michele is published in OYEDrum, Five Minute Lit, Pocket Lint, WordCityLit, the Lothlorien, the anthologies Spring Peepers and Poets for Ukraine and others. Her first chapbook is Around the World in Fifteen Haiku. She lives with a sleepy dog, two cats and a fantastic partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Excerpts from Irene Koronas' manuscript chiaroscuros, Volume VIII of The Grammaton Series

  Excerpts from Irene Koronas' manuscript chiaroscuros,  Volume VIII of The Grammaton Series 23°   It quavers between the terrapi...