Thursday 22 September 2022

Three Poems by Vipanjeet Kaur


 

Frozen Memories

 

The region of my heart

where memories lay frozen and preserved

in silence 

is stirred again...

 

Stirred and abuzz with a dynamic gush of memories.

 

As the snow of bitterness melts

in the spring of remembrance, 

The dew of regeneration falls 

like the grace of dawn, 

like the bliss of ambrosia, 

and moistens the orbs of my heart.

 

Memories like shrunken peas defrost-

They stutter, stagger and leave

the canvas of my heart 

through the door left ajar.

The dark shades of bitterness 

are transformed into 

the shining hues of mercy.

 

When I bid them goodbye 

through the window of my soul,

I realise - 

 

The hardness of my karma had preserved them.

Now, karmic heat melts and burns them- 

cleansing my heart and releasing my soul from bondage past.

 

 

A Hazy Outline

 

A hazy outline I see

in my dreams 

shifting backward in time

flipping through the pages 

of history

and dragging me 

to the silken shadows

of some old worn-out memories

and surreal moments 

that are too blurred and dim

to be owned and recognised.

 

The moments I spent

in the unfathomable sea of Life,

in the Bhavsagar,

on this mortal land before

in the quest of my self

that only wandered and wondered

like a caterpillar searching for

metamorphosis,

somersaulting through ages

and dying many deaths

while yearning to be alive.

 

The times I was bound 

like a bumblebee 

to the transient sweetness 

of the nectar

of this mortal world

and to which 

I am in love with still

I am attached still

to the broken dreams

and memories

of some unknown hope

 

but now 

 

with a renewed yearning

of release from the bondage

and with a renewed wait 

for getting my strings severed 

forever.

 

I fall still in the muck

while trying to be pristine 

I get stuck still 

in the deep mire

of illusion and 

restlessness

 

but there's a difference now- 

This time to rise 

and not to fall-

to lose my self

and not to gain it.

 

Note: "Bhavsagar" - It is the ocean of existence or life in Indian context.

 

 

Gulmohar Tree: The Glowing Flame

 

Gulmohar flowers in full bloom-

 

Their glowing red flame 

and radiance

enter quietly into my being,

lending it a glossy glow

like that of the radiant sun,

susurrating to ripple

the scalding vibes of my fury 

and injured pride

while whispering the tales 

of the fiery sun

in a melodious murmur-

mellowing the heat 

of my pain and suffering-

melting it with a single stroke

of love and compassion-

making it flow downwards 

and meander slowly

into the well

of endurance and bliss-

draping myself in its scarlet hues.

 

(Note: Gulmohar tree is called Royal Poinciana or flame tree in English)




Ms. Vipanjeet Kaur is a poet fond of writing poems on various themes like nature, women empowerment, self, spiritualism and life. She has also written  micropoetry. Her haikus have featured in the international online journals like Haiku Dialogue of The Haiku Foundation, The Haiku Pond and the Scarlet Dragonfly Journal. She has also read research papers on the topics of Literature, Human Rights and Women Empowerment in a few international conferences and national seminars.

Find and follow her on:

Twitter: //twitter.com/vjpoeticmusings 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Excerpts from Irene Koronas' manuscript chiaroscuros, Volume VIII of The Grammaton Series

  Excerpts from Irene Koronas' manuscript chiaroscuros,  Volume VIII of The Grammaton Series 23°   It quavers between the terrapi...