Thursday 23 March 2023

Two Poems by Taghrid Bou Merhi

 



I NEED YOUR VOICE 

 

I need your voice to speak with,

But the wind is lavish

And the sea is mute.

 

I am splintered

My wound is deep

I am torn apart 

And my whole is burning 

 

Oh how I am shrouded in pain,

And is there but pain for who is full of longing

 

Like a stormy night fed up with the madness of rain

So Cut with your waves

For The wound will set you free

 

And Don’t break the foam sleeping in my lungs

Because between the sea of longing and this wound is a pact

 

Has your voice become ink

So I can pledge allegiance to it?!

Behind the madness of sea, lovers are walking!

 

Oh eyelid of my heart! 

And these thorns are slapping it

Oh water sadness and silenced fire,

Is this endeavour a failure?

 

Silence ignites in the body of the poem

Dances with the clouds

Spins and spins

And your voice is like a harp

I wished it vocalised !!!



BLISS OF LOVE 

 

Like a bee celebrating its harvest,
Or a a butterfly perched on a flower,
This is the feeling of Love…
Because I am the song of longing and the sunbird,
I shorten the distances
And fill the spaces with love and poetry…
Because I am a child of life and the tree of love,
I soar into the sky of the soul
Dripping with water of longing..
And I write with my heart…
I voluntarily vowed myself to Love…
So tell me poetry
How do the heartbeats smile!
How do passions ignite in the arms of the beloved?
I am a daughter of the sun
My soul blossomed because of love,
On the lines are the yearning of my voice
And the night is a cup of passion stretching my longing…



Taghrid Bou Merhi - She is a Lebanese poetess, writer, and translator living in Brazil. She holds a Law degree and is ambassador of the team “International Cultural Salon Association”and ambassador of Brazil in the American P.L.O.T.S. Magazin and ambassador of Lebanon in the Association of the World Union of Writers and Artists UMEA Portugal. A member of prestigious platform Of WWWU  World Nations Writers’ Union Kazakhstan, she is also an advisor to the countries Al-Sham literary platform for literary translation and a Brand Ambassador from Brazil for Moncheri Escapes - a leading travel agency in India.She won the Nizar Sartawi International Translator Award for Creativity 2021 in the field of translation and literature.She won the 2nd Annual Zhengxin International Poet Award 2022.She hon received the World Prize Prestigious "RAHIM KARIM WORLD PRIZE".

She hon received the recognition from Greece Delphi (Elaiko Bpabeio), where the  celebration of Peace.

Editor of Al-Arabe Today, Rainbow, Literária Agharid, Al-Nil Walfurat, Literária and Allaylak Magazine.Fluent in Arabic (native language), French, English, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish.Her poems have been published in numerous international anthologies, various Literary magazines, journals and websites.Her poems have been translated into more than 30 languages. Author of 10 books and translator of 13 books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Poem by Bartholomew Barker

  Happy Hour Still in our dry-clean only's my tie loosened— top button relaxed after the work day At a long cobbled-together table...