Wednesday 27 July 2022

Three Poems by Dana Trick


 

Long, Ryu, Naga, Draco


Serpentine figure with rainbow-mosaic scales;

Fire or water, of earth’s might they bring to humans;

Wisdom or warning through all the tales woven and shared;

Millennium-old yet the prescience is always new in all things;

A fearsome things that is always adored.




Quetzalcoatl

With my winds,

I give you song and verse.

With my blood,

I give you the ability to speak and create.

With my sunlight,

I give you earth to carefully stand on and water to drink.

With my voice,

I give you inspiration to thrive.

 

As repayment for my kindness,

I need breath that shares wonder and joy.

As offerings for my blessings,

I need eyes and ears that see vibrant colors and hear beautiful songs.   

As exchange for my sacrifice,

I need the earth, the water, the forests, the animals, the winds to be treated with kindness and respect.

As an equal sacrifice,

I need a heart bursting with a life well lived and thriving.



Praise To The Kyōrinrin


Your biblichor aroma ensnares me,

I stumble than fall into your decaying study

Abandoned by scholars and priests long ago.

 

In the pieces of sunlight,

The fading ink on your paper body glistens brilliantly

Of the wisdom of scholars and poets long past

Yet still recited in universities and studies.

The silk tapestries adorn your serpentine figure

In the manner and dance of regal kimonos,

Bringing new life to paintings yearning for adoring wonder.

 

Your eyes sing of wisdom

But you growl angrily at my presence,

Memories reminding you of the foolish humans

Who brazenly dare to mistreat and abandon knowledge and art.

 

But I am only here to beg,

To implore to share your knowledge and wisdom with me,

My only offerings just the wisdom of the new age,

The promise of maintenance and care of your scrolls and books.

Please let me stay in your study so I could learn from you,

Oh wise, oh beautiful Kyōrinrin.




Dana Trick - Born a first-generation Mexican-Canadian-American autistic biromantic demisexual with ADHD, Dana Trick lives in Southern California where it is clearly foolish to wear black any day. Besides writing, she spends/wastes her day by either reading weird books and comics; researching history because she is an historian with a degree to prove it; drawing crappy art and comics that she posts on deviantART under Silencedbook9; and watching an unhealthy amount of cartoons, anime, and Youtube videos. Her work has been published online--in the Art of Autism, the Lothlorien Poetry Journal, The Kolkata Arts, The Writer Shed, The Writers Club, and The Ugly Writers—as well as in print anthologies: the 2018 Moorpark College Print Review, the Poets’ Choice Realm of Emotions, Free Spirit’s Historic Tales, Wingless Dreamer’s My Glorious Quill and The Book of Black, Dragon Soul Press' Organic Ink vol. 5, and The Ravens Quote Press upcoming Balm 2 anthology. She wishes the reader a nice day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

One Poem by Bartholomew Barker

  Happy Hour Still in our dry-clean only's my tie loosened— top button relaxed after the work day At a long cobbled-together table...