Tuesday 12 July 2022

One Poem by Dr. Elizabeth V. Koshy

 


A summer reverie!


Buoyed up by the water in the plunge pool, of the cascade

at Beetle’s valley, I bob up and down, at the water’s whim,

the resounding waterfall a stone’s throw away,

a heart pounding sheer drop to oblivion!

 

Standing precariously on the edge of the steep cliff

With my hands outspread facing the upwind and the cool spray,

an urge to lean forward and enjoy a freefall like the white waters,

spread my wings and glide like a bird through the valley, possessed me.

 

Looking down into the plunging waters, I see lovely rainbows,

miracles of water and light, spanning the mist like colourful parachutes 

waiting just for me! I am now one with the cascading white waters 

and the spray. I hold on to a sunlit rainbow that takes me into its arms!

 

I am now sailing through the green valley on a summer breeze, 

oblivious of fear, my whole being in a thrill with the wind, 

before my feet find the hard ground again 

and the rainbow chute lovingly envelops me!




Dr. Elizabeth V.Koshy is an Associate Professor in English Literature at Dr.A.B.Telang Senior College, Pune, India. Her areas of interest include relationships, nature and women's issues. Her poems have been published by Sweetycat Press, Clarendon House Press, Gertrude’s Writing Room, Caesurae.org, The Writers Club (Grey Thoughts) and by Stacy Savage in Whispering Willows: Tree Poems. Two non fiction pieces been accepted for publication by Academy of the Heart and Mind and Impspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Ken Gosse

  Oddities and Endities, Five Poems about Poetry   The Day The Sky Laughed (a circular senryu)   Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird...