Wednesday 17 March 2021

Three Poems by Kevin Ahern

 



The Firefly

 

Of the firefly

It’s been said

They could be

Easily LED

 

The Letter

 

I’ve been meaning to write you a letter

I’m going to do it today

Here it is. I hope you like it

K?


Creativity

 

Some days the ideas come

And some days they dont

But even when ideas come

Sometimes the words just wont

 

And even if the words are flowing

The rhymes may be hard to find

And thats the position I find myself

In right now

 




Kevin Ahern is a Professor Emeritus of biochemistry from Oregon State University who is enjoying the spare time he has gained in retirement to write verses, limericks, and other creative works.

www.davincipress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Paul Tristram

  Time For Repercussions   Oooh, ‘Emotional Annihilation’ and ‘Sadistic Submission’ … hang on a minute, I’m just gonna run and fet...