Saturday 2 March 2024

Two Poems by Myrtle Thomas

 



Of Stars Resting with a Red Bird

 

I've grown tired of biting and swallowing -

the ashes of long ago ...........of closing my eyes

to the morning's light and dreams yet to come

I'll forget the forgotten hems of yesterday's -

dark robes.

 

I've seen through the shadows of my life

burned through the days of fire and smoke

to find more than there was before

while the world still revolves and its center -

of burning molting lava.

 

my love still remains as the sun and moon

encircled by a myriad of stars and un-seen hands

of eyes that search the hearts of humanity

piercing the very spirit and dividing love and hate

could I have lived in centuries past and not remember

times sweeping hands ?

 

if there are suspicious emotions concerning love

or misleading waves of lunar light reflecting in love's -

eyes ....that I might not have existed but only dreamt-

of love and closed my ears and eyes to the red bird

nesting in my heart......................I know that I've loved.

 

 

My Life After Your Presence

 

looking through the window

at the drunken pines dancing in the wind

as the sky holds them in its embrace

autumn too will kiss them deeply.


O' my love how natural is our fire

with its leaping flames and fragrant smoke

    it's the power we still hold with our flesh

fastened with lunar ribbons , golden rays -

of sun and moonlight of weeping dew drops.


sometimes passion rides a dark horse

    that wrestles with the soul -

other times it stands still in its own pasture

    grazing on the black and gold memories

and the dreams that are pooled in clarity

     grounded in familiarity.


 has the wind rustled the red bird from its nest

    and shaken the red and gold leaves from their perch!

or was it indeed the thunder rumbling against time!

    O' my love I'll cling to you like the clouds in the sky

even as our footprints get covered by the dust of tomorrow.


touch me my love as a clock kisses the face of time

    will there be an end to our tangled shadows?

I wonder if there will be silence in the midst of solitude

    who will ever hear our echoes or close the book -

of our secrets!

     every season brings our soul another hour together.





Myrtle Thomas has been published in   "Otherwise Engaged a literature and Arts Journal " , Lothlorien Poetry Journal , Lothlorien Poetry Blog, Masticadores USA , Chewers and Masticadores, Ink Pantry , Literary Cocktail Magazine , Sincere Dalliances and The Writers and Readers Magazine . She is a member of ALLpoetry .com ....Penn name Blue2U and on Poem Hunters .com under Myrtle Thomas. She also self-published four books of poetry. She has been writing poetry for over twenty years on topics of love , loss and nature. She resides in the USA and is retired from a large manufacturing company. She tries to connect with her readers from her own feelings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Poem by Bartholomew Barker

  Happy Hour Still in our dry-clean only's my tie loosened— top button relaxed after the work day At a long cobbled-together table...