Tuesday 26 March 2024

Telephone - Rap Poem by Moe Seager

 



Rap Poem


Telephone // 



I telephoned baby.
 
      She said Scuse me who's on the line?

I said baby it's me, an I thought it through. I'm pleading my case, what can I do? To get back in your arms. I'll even listen to you .

O.K. mister I have some advice. Catch it the first time don't come around twice.

Listen up lover, My rose is red, your violets be blue, your flowers are by-gone like my feelings for you.

I gotta hang up now , I'm on the fly. No sighin' no cryin' no sad thoughts pullin' me down.

Tell ya while I'm at it and it might sound kinda funny, I'm out and about with a gent named Lucky . Strike.

Arm 'n arm , charm for charm, I sing a song in the shower.

And as for you and me, to the possibility?

A, B, see you 'round sucker. //

Moe Seager


People lemme tell ya it ended that quick . The line went dead but for the ear piercing click.







Moe Seager is a poet and jazz & blues vocalist who sings his poems on stages in Paris, New York and elsewhere and has recorded 2 jazzpoetry c.d.s.

Seager founded and hosts Angora Poets (Paris) World Café,100 Thousand Poets for Change Paris and is one of the coordinators for le Fédération des Poètes Paris.

He has 5 collections of poetry and currently publishes with Onslaught press, Oxford, U.K.  Other poetry collections are issued from the French Ministry of Culture –

Dream Bearers,1990.

One World, Cairo Press –in Arabic translation, 2004 

We Want Everything in French translation, les Temps des Cirises, Paris, 1994

Perhaps, La Maison de la Poesie, Grenoble, France, 2006

Fishermen and Pool Sharks Busking editions, London, 1992

Additionally Seager won a Golden Quill Award (USA) for investigative journalism,1989  and received an International Human Rights award from the Zepp foundation, 1990.

He teaches writing in Paris.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks mucho Strider. I'm happy to be among your gallery of poets.

    ReplyDelete

One Poem by Bartholomew Barker

  Happy Hour Still in our dry-clean only's my tie loosened— top button relaxed after the work day At a long cobbled-together table...