Sunday 17 March 2024

Three Poems by Christina Martin

 



The Lake

 

Round the lake

Sweet dark calm deep

And slow

The ever-whispering trees

Night and day

Broad, gruff protectors

Roughened

By gales and sudden rains

 

Round the lake

Shoulder to shoulder

A first quiver

And Spring light brightens

Depths. Is there

A mystic hand there,

In the morning

Milk breath of mysteries?

 

Round the lake

Hear the winds, those deep sighs

Deepest heart call

To that green-tread valley

Where abide

Only light and stillness

Reflections

Of shimmering truth

 

 

Secret

 

So much love

A song that lingers like rain

Cooling my lips

Filling my hands with soft intent

And my heart with shining hope

 

Such a great love

That lifts my heart higher

Raising my eyes

To see clouds in a new way

And understand the flight of birds

 

A love so deep

That nothing can remove

Tingling like the trembling light

On leaves after a storm

Or the bright sun-painted sea

 

A love to follow

When I hear that voice

Speaking my name in secret tones

So tender, so still

As the music of angels fills up all space

 

 

With Me

 

That other shore

Rippling like water in my heart

Lapping my soul

With fresh healing balm

 

That inner space

Filled up with golden wheat fields

Of abundance.

I will never be hungry again.

 

That voice, inviting

All the cracked and desperate sighs

To hear that word

Of Love unending 

 



 

Christina Martin has been published in various journals online and in print, has written two adventure novels for pre-teen and early teens, four poetry collections and other prose work, including stories and non-fiction. She lives in West Wales and enjoys all the beauty and moods of the sea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Poem by Bartholomew Barker

  Happy Hour Still in our dry-clean only's my tie loosened— top button relaxed after the work day At a long cobbled-together table...