Sunday 30 July 2023

Three Poems by elliot m. rubin

 




moon dreams



the moon circles around the earth

it watches its birthplace

nightly every rotation no days missed

since it was sliced away into space



the romantic moon is my heart

alone yearning to belong again

it floats out there with no place to land

since you cut me off from your love

 

 

my newest son

 

you’re not my son

but you’re flesh and blood

i was there for your arrival

raised you for eight years

our bonds grew strong

through mom’s rights

and too many wrongs

my love never wavered;

more than a grandson 

to me, you’re my son

 

for twenty-one years

i’ve loved deeply

saw you off to college;

was there for crises or two

you are not my son

but to me

you are my son

forever

 

 

oxford

 

he is unclear, 
confused and obtuse, 
because he is not sure, 
clear, or certain, 
he wanted, 
needed, or is required, 
to use the oxford comma
when he writes a haiku,
sonnet, or limerick


elliot m. rubin is a New Jersey poet who has published over thirty books of poetry, facilitates two Zoom poetry critique groups, posts daily on Instagram and has over 10,200 poets following him. He also won first place in the Poets Corner Poetry Contest and has had poems published in assorted anthologies.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poetic Voice (and the Breath of Good Intention) - Essay by Antonia Alexandra Klimenko

  Poetic Voice (and the Breath of Good Intention)                                  The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mys...