Sunday 23 July 2023

One Poem by Sushant Thapa

 



The Awakened Heart

 

Listen to me

don't just hear.

The wine of the evening

is not my décor.

Reveal to me

and be my fresh intoxication.

The velvet eyes

caste a soft look,

my weaker ambitions  

burst like firecrackers.

I am you

in the drenching chorus

wet in self-believe.

Pain keeps me seeking and wandering.

The plight to tell a story I bear.  

I am an awakened heart

of yours,

while you clasp my hands

and we journey through this eternal life.

Your love is red

and my ink is blue.

I script in awakening.

My heart beats to

lay the foundations

of consolations for you.




 

Sushant Thapa is from Biratnagar, Nepal. He has published three books of poems: The Poetic Burden and Other Poems (Authorspress, New Delhi, 2020), Abstraction and Other Poems (Impspired, UK, 2021) and Minutes of Merit (Haoajan, Kolkata, 2021). He is an English lecturer to undergraduate level students of BBA and BIT at Nepal Business College, Biratnagar, Nepal and Master's level at Degree Campus. He has an M.A in English literature from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. He has been published in print, online, school book and anthologies around the world. He also writes Flash Fictions, Short Stories and Book Reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poetic Voice (and the Breath of Good Intention) - Essay by Antonia Alexandra Klimenko

  Poetic Voice (and the Breath of Good Intention)                                  The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mys...