Saturday 13 May 2023

Three Poems by K.G. Munro

 



Normality

 

Will my life ever be normal?

I have been chasing white picket fences

For more years than I can remember

Trying to look for people

That I can relate to

As each day marks another failed attempt

At trying to find happiness and stability

Unpleasant occurrences plague my dreams

All I've ever wanted was a loving family

One that wouldn't leave me broken

For someone to love me

Without any conditions

I yearn for the days

That we can play in the flowers

And eat ice cream as we watch the pink sunset

The small experiences that people take for granted

Are ones that I only have in my dreams

I hope for a grin to stain my face instead of tears one day

That I can find people who will accept me

And live normally without the burden of someone else's baggage

To stand outside a wooden cabin

With my own evergreen garden

Leaning on a beautiful ashen fence

Instead of chasing it.

 

 

Access To Clean Water

 

Drip! Drip!

There goes the water

Filled with chlorine

And toxins

Lakes are brown

Not clear

We drink

Poison from taps

And pay for it

We have phones

But not fresh

Water to hydrate.

 

 

Closer To Me


Your presence is chamomile to my emotions

As I drink in your blue eyes through mine

 

A tinge of guilt resides in my heart

Because I desire so much of your presence

 

Your words are honey to my soul

Dripping into my heart with each syllable

 

The mint that lingers on your breath

Makes my tonsils quiver as I inhale

 

We always end up closer as we talk

An inch away from actually touching skin

 

It would be obscene to ask for that level of intimacy

From a married man who I want to be closer to.




K.G. Munro is an author and poet. She has been published in various magazines and online publications such as Oddball Magazine, Poetry Potion, Scarlet Dragonfly Journal, Muddy River Review, Green Ink Magazine, Literary Yard, Five Itchy Fleas, Spillwords, Feversofthemind, Open Door Magazine, Wingless Dreamer, The Well, ArtsOfMalina, Agape Review.

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Ken Gosse

  Oddities and Endities, Five Poems about Poetry   The Day The Sky Laughed (a circular senryu)   Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird...