Sunday 14 May 2023

One Poem by Ammanda Selethia Moore




Looking Down Glen Canyon Dam, 2021

 

Concrete steep slope

A green river flowing below

Red rocks with patches of green shrubs

 

I tilt over the edge

Slide my phone through the fence

I snap pictures

My fingers white as I grasp my phone

 

I wobble back and forth

I breathe in shallow gasps

And try not to look down




Ammanda Selethia Moore is a non-binary poet and writer who also teaches English at Norco College. Their poetry has been published in DASH Literary Journal and The Journal of Radical Wonder. They live with their partner in sunny southern California.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bardspell - Prose Poem by Greg Patrick

  Bardspell Prose Poem By Greg Patrick   “Every life is in many days, day after day. We walk through ourselves, meeting robbers, ghost...