Saturday 22 May 2021

One Poem by Susan Tepper

 



Sky Colours

 

This is the place

I stop and admit

nature has the say-so

Who am I

to take exception

cause or material outlay

Just in case

today I bought

a sweater in sky colours

Hoping to find

a little solace

in pushed away memories

A knife that kept

sticking me all year

before I could see

finally

a clear way back




Susan Tepper is a twenty year writer and the author of nine published books of fiction and poetry.  Her most recent are a poetry chap CONFESS (Cervena Barva Press, 2020) and a funky road novel WHAT DRIVES MEN (Wilderness House Press, 2019). Currently, she’s in pre-production of an Off-Broadway Play she wrote and titled ‘The Crooked Heart’ based on artist Jackson Pollock in his later years. www.susantepper.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Ken Gosse

  Oddities and Endities, Five Poems about Poetry   The Day The Sky Laughed (a circular senryu)   Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird...