Wednesday 26 May 2021

Nine Tanka and Haiku by Christie Iverson

 



Grey

 

Clouds cover the sky

And the sky is so immense

Rain begins to fall

Exposing the piled up mess

A bloom appears, just in time

 

 

School

 

Mahogany stairs

Climbing high into the sky

With paper, pencils

My mother’s soft, steady hand

I begin my first ascent

 

 

Golden

 

A full harvest moon

Sunbeams on quiet water

Wheat fields in August

Holding hands and walking  down

The path of life together

 

 

Red

 

The colour of blood

My anger when uncontrolled

Lovely garden rose

My grandmother’s quilt she made

To send me out into life

 

 

Love

 

Naked girl dances

tattoos shine in the moonlight

Her joy abundant

Life is given a freedom

When love steals your heart away

 

 

Homeless

 

Among the forgotten

Between the cardboard boxes

The flowers blossom

 

 

Comfort

 

The tree by the bay

Silhouettes the sapphire sky

Cradles the pigeons

 

 

Miss you

 

The palm tree fronds sway

In the gentle winter wind

Whispering your name

 

 

Jungian

 

Why am I Like this?

These tales a thousand years old

Still alive in me




Christie Iverson is a middle aged woman, retired, spending her time writing Tanka and Haiku.  She lives in Bismarck, North Dakota.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Paul Tristram

  Time For Repercussions   Oooh, ‘Emotional Annihilation’ and ‘Sadistic Submission’ … hang on a minute, I’m just gonna run and fet...