Friday 1 September 2023

Three Poems by Ninko Kirilov

 



SATURDAY MORNING

 

I'm listening to the birds singing

and the sun walks in the room

like a Persian prince,

looks around 

and smiles like a father to me.


 

A GIRL ON A BENCH

 

She's dark.

And behind her dark glasses

there are dark shadows

under her dark eyes.

It's dark.

But on the inside

she's glowing.


 

ANHEDONIA 2

 

I no longer walk those streets that were named after us.

I'm afraid I'll break and in the cracks there will be mud, no gold.

We, people, observe the happiness -

someone else's but happiness indeed.

Let's see the silver lining.

I'm transforming from US to ME.

Just because I'm generous.

 

Ninko Kirilov was born in 1983 in Bulgaria. He has a major degree in journalism and has some short stories and poems translated into and published in English, Italian, Spanish ,Serbian and Montenegrin. He has to his credit six books – “Doubles and animals” (2013), “A human amongst people” (2017), “Three plays” (2018), “Rawer” (2019), Falling forever” (2021) and “Other holes too” (2022).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems by Dr. Sambhu R

  Gooseberries “Ours, too, a transitional species, chimerical, passing…”—Jane Hirshfield The zinnias and pansies in our garden wake as ...