Friday 22 September 2023

One Poem by Sushant Thapa

 



Aesthetics

 

There is this jazz playing,  

A handwoven embroidery I play with.

 

The water hits the rock in the sea,

I observe.

 

I pause

In studying the embroidery.

 

I look with care

And delicate vision.

 

I thank the world

For being so decipherable.

 

I could not stop myself

From listening to the jazz

 

As I read the reality

Of my sentiments.

 

I wake up to this morning

Where the sky paints

The clouds

 

To match with my will,  

To paint my desire

To read, write and imagine.

 

The purple sky

Bids me farewell

As it sets with the sun, wholly.

 

What will rise tomorrow? 

I want the light,

That I care to steal from Bethlehem.

 

Will humanity achieve it? 

To be the festivity against perpetual darkness.




Sushant Thapa's latest and fourth book of poems was published by World Inkers Printing and Publishing, New York and Darkar, Senegal, Africa. He lives in Biratnagar-13, Nepal and works as a faculty of English. Sushant holds an M.A. in English literature from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems by Dr. Sambhu R

  Gooseberries “Ours, too, a transitional species, chimerical, passing…”—Jane Hirshfield The zinnias and pansies in our garden wake as ...