Saturday 2 September 2023

One Poem by GJ Hart

 


 


 

Time and Time and Time Again

 

With this i wish

to unlock something - I think

of bears hitched

to flying chrome,

spinning weeds

snagged in the white spit

of the river -

 

I remember how the future

would be -

when time was

one pure white

note - when our breath

grew trees.

 

Running

Warm over the boards

of spring's dull fairground,

we opened

windows and let winter

sit between us.

 

When nothing

mattered, we changed

matter, punched

through the night's dam

and drank

our futures down.

 

You tied colours

to my worry

because Worry is a stone

and rolled it our parade

for two.

 

Today,

tomorrow's sun

is two hills over -

 

and the road down

juggling up its red

earthquakes

when I realise

how old

you are now.

 

Now I am

one bar, I am dim,

I am emergency calls

only - misery is my saver,

my charge - we are

 

star dust,

crawling so know -

the hills care nothing

for your journey and nothing

ends - the road

 

Just gets

 

too steep.

 

So leave me

the shady early summer

light and the butterflying

knowing

that inside everyone

is me -

 

life is a sad

business,

so lock me

in this prism -

a cave between tides -

I will be incredible,

 

like how colours

don't exist.




 

GJ Hart currently lives and works in London and has had work published in Isacoustic, Nine Muses Poetry, The Molotov Cocktail, The Jersey Devil Press, The Harpoon Review and others. He can be found arguing with himself over @gj_hart.

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pomegranates - Flash Fiction by V A Wiswell

  Pomegranates Flash Fiction by V A Wiswell         The grocery store’s fluorescent lights bounce off the shiny floors and into my eyes. It’...