Monday 28 August 2023

Two Poems by John Harold Olson

 



Doing Our Best

 

Left my Pendleton shirt

at my girlfriend’s house

the night we split.

I saw her wearing it in Doc’s It Club-

Kind of a black watch 

with a tan stripe underneath the plaid 

that accented her auburn  hair.

“Recognize it?”

“Looks good. At least you

could buy me a beer.”

 

 

105 At Midnight

 

I found a Las Vegas locust in my 

bathroom sink last night,

waiting for the faucet to drip

a drop of water. 

“Is it the AC, the leaky faucet,

Or do you care about me as a man?”

“Well, to be honest, I love the cool

apartment , I adore the blob of 

water on my grasshopper head,

I appreciate the vibe. So that’s you,

I reckon. Does that answer it?”




John Harold Olson - Is a retired Special Education teacher in Las Vegas. Transitioning to being a hospice volunteer.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems by Dr. Sambhu R

  Gooseberries “Ours, too, a transitional species, chimerical, passing…”—Jane Hirshfield The zinnias and pansies in our garden wake as ...