Thursday 5 August 2021

Two Wonderful Poems by Angel Edwards


 

A Tree's Lament

 

Family in

    the city of branches

 

cuddle bowing

      to the wind

           breeze dances

 

leaf dresses appear

then fly disrobed

 

answer the call of fall

no gift of free will

 

trees must stand still

nature takes no chances



In the Hidden


in the hidden

    small safe place

i  keep inside

with a glimpse of something so pure

the desires to return

there  

remain endure

I cannot remain

the spirits assure

spirits censure

Return to

feeling of being

irretrievably

changed

malformed

crippled

pitiable pitiful

permanently damaged

 

stained

by torment  stress

distrust

no one can

really help me

losing everything I loved gain it back

inch by inch step-by-step 

by misstep

knowing full well

I will never recover fully

I will never be able to play guitar

for more than an hour

at a spell

I will always have bruises on

my inner right forearm

every time I play guitar

music is my pain

to numb my pain

my voice my words       remain




Angel Edwards is a singer songwriter guitarist published writer published poet with 4 books from Vancouver BC Canada

member of AFM local 145

BMI SOCAN


No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Ken Gosse

  Oddities and Endities, Five Poems about Poetry   The Day The Sky Laughed (a circular senryu)   Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird...