Wednesday 21 April 2021

Three Poems by Angel Edwards

 



micro crystal ball

 

The palm of my hand

cups the tiny crystal ball

solid unflawed

I saw a sparkle and

dug in with my foot

unearthed this

little buried treasure

I can assure you

it is devoid

of colour or shade or hue

borrows from

any colour that it touches

in this photo

it is aquamarine blue



keeping

 

Telling a secret

transforms it into mundane

know dare will silent

hold secret arcane

 

a magical place

unique profound solitude

keep it to yourself

so none can intrude



Nightmare

 

I dreamed I was in a strange place

I did not recognize any face

But then there were some that were friends

They did not look the same it wasn't really them

 

They were playing a game

with Tarot cards

'pick a card'

they said

While I held my breath

Their eyes stabbed at me

Cold and unfeeling strangers

 

And I drew the card of death




Angel Edwards is a singer songwriter guitarist published writer published poet with 4 books from Vancouver BC Canada

member of AFM local 145

BMI SOCAN




 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Paul Tristram

  Time For Repercussions   Oooh, ‘Emotional Annihilation’ and ‘Sadistic Submission’ … hang on a minute, I’m just gonna run and fet...