Wednesday 28 April 2021

One Poem by Daniel J. Flore III



THEY LIVE ON MEMORY LANE


it’s
11:10 am
and
whoever lives there
must be at work

the aftermath
of rush hour
is like invisible tumble weeds
through
the roads

the house
reminds me of neighbourhoods
of my past
before I became poor

the rose bushes sway a little in the breeze
like they were inviting me in for a lemonade

I stare at the house like I belong there and it hurts that I don’t

memory lane is
a dangerous place to visit




Daniel J. Flore III’s poems have appeared in many publications. He is the author of 4 books of poetry from GenZ Publishing.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Bardspell - Prose Poem by Greg Patrick

  Bardspell Prose Poem By Greg Patrick   “Every life is in many days, day after day. We walk through ourselves, meeting robbers, ghost...