Wednesday 7 April 2021

One Poem by Moe Seager




The Wake

Prologue Did you grip the metal Then grit your teeth Roll your eyes Cock the trigger Raise the pistol Face the pain Aim point blank Bullet to the brain Wait Did you think of me Before the squeeze Sigh of relief One last laugh As you let it rip _________ Joe has died With him goes a part of me Where brilliant light flickers Fades to nothingness My main man's gone Committed suicide Joe had what so many want Very few possess Was with Joe While Joe was here Here with us You see, Joe His gifted talk His funky walk His stride with pride Style and flair All his own Goddamn, beautiful Joe Oh for the life of me As cute and bad As I could be Most I could do was shadow dance When that man took the floor He the daring, dashing North Side prince I the East End Cinderella fellow It was a ball Often we danced with the ladies Moving in circles Shoulder to shoulder Side to side We were so loose How we were tight Caring, sharing, drinking and swearing To our friends and our fathers alike Now look here folks Moey and Joey wish to inform you We are taking a pause for the cause Joe has died I cried, hear me cry I have missed a rare moment One I repressed Leaning into your pile driving arms Against that hammer in your chest We went over the wall Made our getaway From dead end streets And deadbeat deeds The slums and their sums Of long gone dreams Choked in a cloud of factory smoke Gone with him That gifted talk, that funky walk I'm cancelling Christmas And the Fourth of July My main man's gone Committed suicide Alone with memories That prance about the room It falls on me Like hot rivets and fly ash North Side sweaty, salty Blood stained, steel toed, wet drenched I can still smell him Here's to Joe You marvellous son-of-a-bitch We had plans man But you took it on the chin Who knows, it could have been me It could have been different We should have vacationed Two mates at anchor A noon day sun A condor soars The earth so still Trouble behind You are the wind
I am the kite

From Moe Seager's
I Wanna Make Jazz To You. Onslaught press. Amazon.com



Moe Seager is a poet and jazz & blues vocalist who sings his poems on stages in Paris, New York and elsewhere and has recorded 2 jazzpoetry c.d.s.

Seager founded and hosts Angora Poets (Paris) World Café,100 Thousand Poets for Change Paris and is one of the coordinators for le Fédération des Poètes Paris.

He has 5 collections of poetry and currently publishes with Onslaught press, Oxford, U.K.  Other poetry collections are issued from the French Ministry of Culture –

Dream Bearers,1990.

One World, Cairo Press –in Arabic translation, 2004 

We Want Everything in French translation, les Temps des Cirises, Paris, 1994

Perhaps, La Maison de la Poesie, Grenoble, France, 2006

Fishermen and Pool Sharks Busking editions, London, 1992

Additionally Seager won a Golden Quill Award (USA) for investigative journalism,1989  and received an International Human Rights award from the Zepp foundation, 1990.

He teaches writing in Paris.

Keep the Beat on the Pulse of Life!

Moe Seager
http://www.facebook.com/moe.seager

http://www.myspace.com/bluenotemetaphor

http://moe-seager.blogspot.com  


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Paul Tristram

  Time For Repercussions   Oooh, ‘Emotional Annihilation’ and ‘Sadistic Submission’ … hang on a minute, I’m just gonna run and fet...