Tuesday 2 August 2022

Three Poems by Lorelyn De la Cruz Arevalo


 

Animalia

 

Seated on his throne,

haughty and wearing no clothes,

the king downs wine from

a chalice, barking for more.

Drunk as a skunk, he

gyrates on his throne and falls;

All the king's men can't

put him together again.

 

 

Ventilator

 

The bed

breathes.

I've trained it well.

On days or nights

Or god knows how long,

when I'm too tired

to either sleep

or even breathe,

the bed

survives

me.

 

 

[bleep]

 

Oh, how my heart bleeds

For the greedy in power breeds 

More greediness for golden seeds.

Oh, how to fight these weeds?

 

Oh, how my heart weeps

For children violated by creeps

Haunted in nightmarish sleeps

Oh, how to slay these freaks?

 

Lorelyn De la Cruz Arevalois a self-published author of Twin deLights, "Haikuna Matata (a haiku collection) and Hainaku! It's Pundemic! I am Balot. Acovida dito.” She is also a member of the Write Your Legacy community in the Philippines, working as a medical transcriptionist in Singapore. Her poetry has been featured and published in some anthologies and journals like The Haiku Foundation and Presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nine Poems by Rustin Larson

  Chet Baker   Just as a junkie would fall from a second story hotel window   in Amsterdam, I once fell from a jungle gym and hi...