Monday 22 August 2022

Five Poems by Ivan Jenson





Afterglow


Last night
changed everything
and nothing
because it wasn't
like we climbed Everest
but it did feel like
we stopped time
yet morning came
like it always does
a real buzz kill
where you scrambled
for your clothing
and your composure
and we are both adults
so no real need
for closure
and then I closed
the door
and you were gone
yet I noticed that
all the lights in
the house
and my six senses
were still
turned on




First Impression

You only know
a spec of my cosmos
and that is because
you focus
on the good side
of my photogenic
personality
but I truly come to life only
behind the scenes
in the secret-keeping alleys
or the closed-door meeting
between my internal introverts
and extroverts
who pervert goodness
and promote madness
in the push and pull
happy sadness
that gives way
to the shrouded things
I do and say
anyway, I hope
my quirky, quivering
eager beaver smile
doesn't scare you away




Love Abuse

You are unkind
and beautiful
and your temper
tantrums
rattle the walls
yet you are the
seventh thing
I wonder about
the world
the first six
don't even matter
if they don't include
the pyramid mystery
of your closed eyes
when you
finally sleep
after having
said something
off-the-cuff
off-the-rails
off the Richter scale
that cuts deep
leaving me
forever counting
slaughtered sheep




Deep Advice

You have
options
you can sigh
and give up
on the why
and just get on
with the how
and you know
live in the now
or you can
bang your head
against the wall
between you
and having it all
in any case
love will never
find ya
if you spend all
your time
digging a hole
to China




Arts and Crafts

I carve into life
I paint and patina
over time
and journal on
the white pages
of personal space
I then speak
over sound
as if in a lover's
quarrel with every
intention of making up
with the magnetic
solar powers of
the six dimensions
and the seven seas
coupled with
the birds and the bees
and knowing my
self-value on
the marketplace
of the human race
it is no wonder
I say, "bless me"
whenever I sneeze




Ivan Jenson is a fine artist, novelist and popular contemporary poet. His artwork was featured in Art in America, Art News, and Interview Magazine and has sold at auction at Christie’s. Ivan was commissioned by Absolut Vodka to make a painting titled Absolut Jenson for the brand’s national ad campaign. His Absolut paintings are in the collection of the Spirit Museum, the museum of spirits in Stockholm, Sweden.  
Jenson's painting of the “Marlboro Man” was collected by the Philip Morris corporation. Ivan was commissioned to paint the final portrait of the late Malcolm Forbes.  Ivan has written two novels, Dead Artist and Seeing Soriah, both of which illustrate the creative and often dramatic lives of artists. Jenson's poetry is widely published (with over 600 poems published in the US, UK and Europe) in a variety of literary media. A book of Ivan Jenson's poetry was recently published by Hen House Press titled Media Child and Other Poems, which can be acquired on Amazon. Two novels by Ivan Jenson entitled, Marketing Mia and Erotic Rights have been published hardcover. His website is: http://www.ivanjenson.com

Ivan Jenson’s new thriller novels, "The Murderess” and his bestselling novel, “The Widow” are both now available on Amazon.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Nine Poems by Rustin Larson

  Chet Baker   Just as a junkie would fall from a second story hotel window   in Amsterdam, I once fell from a jungle gym and hi...