Tuesday 10 May 2022

Two Poems by Nolcha Fox


 

Forgotten

 

I didn’t recognize you

when I saw you 

in the paper.

I didn’t recognize you

in the story 

of your life.

I didn’t recognize you

as my once

upon a time.

 

Now we’re two 

forgotten bodies,

detached with

separate orbits.

When I was young

I never thought

that we would come

to this.

 


Not Mine

 

They creep through bolted windows

when the world is dreaming.

They land upon my pillowed head.

Hefty recollections

of icebox silence freezing

words that were not spoken,

dreams abandoned.

They crush my chest,

they fill my mouth with lead.

They push me through the mattress, 

through the floor.

These shadow boulders bend me,

press me into a monstrosity.

They are burdens

that were never mine to bear.

 



Nolcha Fox has written all her life, starting with poop and crayons on the walls. Her poems have been published in Lothlorien Poetry Journal, The Red Lemon Review, Dark Entries, Duck Head Journal and others. Her chapbook, “My Father’s Ghost Hates Cats,” is available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Herb Tate

  We Suffer To Be Broken   We suffer to be broken what can break When cause of what is fragile in us finds Wonder in beauty made for its own...