Sunday 15 May 2022

Four Poems by Samo Kreutz

 


One more return

 

                                            My Bonnie lies over the ocean

                                            My Bonnie lies over the sea

                                            My Bonnie lies over the ocean

                                            Oh, bring back my Bonnie to me

 

                                            (a traditional Scottish folk song)

 

But eventually he came

With his soft hands and shiny clothes

Even gentler as her yearnings

 

He sat there watching

So quiet she was afraid that

He is already gone

 

Then he kissed her face

Twice

 

What a dream this would be

If only she never had opened her eyes

 


Five lives of Sammy1

 

when I resided

inside a computer game

I was big and had so many lives

 

eventually

I was stuck with only one

 

so I fled

 

now outside the frame

I am as big as I want to be

 

but I am still looking for other four lives

--------------------------------

1Sammy- a virtual snake in a video game Nibbles (NIBBLES.BAS), which was extremely popular in the early 1990s.

 


Hideouts

 

we have searched for it

by looking

deep into the sky

 

day after day

 

but when

we bowed our heads wearily

we found it in the children's eyes

 

a huge benevolent sun

 


You speak

 

when I become silent

 

but if you were a verse

or at least a word

 

then

I would

vocalize you

 

throughout the eternities yet to arrive

 

 



Samo Kreutz lives in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Besides poetry (which he has been writing since he was eight years old), he writes novels, short stories and haiku. He is the author of ten books in Slovene and two in English (they are haiku books, one is titled The Stars for Tonight, and the second is A Time Different from Ours, both published by Cyberwit.net from India and are still available at Amazon.com). His recent work has appeared on international websites (and journals), such as Ariel Chart: International Literary Journal, Better than Starbucks: Poetry and Fiction Journal, Green Ink Poetry, Ink Sweat & Tears: The poetry and prose webzine, Seashores: Haiku Journal, Stardust Haiku Online Journal, The Bamboo Hut, and others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Excerpts from Irene Koronas' manuscript chiaroscuros, Volume VIII of The Grammaton Series

  Excerpts from Irene Koronas' manuscript chiaroscuros,  Volume VIII of The Grammaton Series 23°   It quavers between the terrapi...