Thursday 28 December 2023

Four Poems by Mary Bone

 



Hope on the Road to Nowhere

 

There was hope on my road to nowhere.

I could see the glowing brightness,

from a distance.

Many people had trudged this road before

In the nightmare of my dreams.

I was seeking brilliance,

shining like a diamond.

I was almost to the end of a tunnel

when hope held out it’s

arms and consumed me.

 

 

Blue River

 

Because of the silence

no words were spoken.

Because of the silence,

thoughts bounced from the shadows

of trees,

as a couple travelled through the mountains

aboard a train wrecked marriage.

Ice covered mountains were the

only thing to talk about.

Because of the silence,

their streams merged to form

one blue river.

 

 

Resting on my Laurels

 

Resting on my laurels

on the lilly pads of time-

frogs are croaking,

all around me,

driving me out of my mind.

 

 

Mad Woman

 

I’m rushing as if I were a mad woman,

Working against the clock.

I just keep on roaming

while the clock goes tick-tock.






Mary Bone has been writing poetry since childhood. Some of her poems have recently been published at Lothlorian Poetry Journal, Active Muse Journal, Literary Yard, Spillwords, The Ink Pantry, Topical Poetry and other places.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pomegranates - Flash Fiction by V A Wiswell

  Pomegranates Flash Fiction by V A Wiswell         The grocery store’s fluorescent lights bounce off the shiny floors and into my eyes. It’...