Thursday 16 May 2024

Four Poems by Keith Snow

 



Trying




to distinguish dreams

from my actual memories.

Did I doze off?





Often Running


For Melinda

From Melinda's text



I got

a zillion

things to get

complimented

groceries car wash

and of course the do

had me out of the crack

of dawn this winter morn.





Assemble!


Do you

recall

the Hulk

screaming,

Ironman

alive

at the end

of Avengers?

Okay…

I remember

the Chinese

delivery guy

at the door,

he didn't

know

the doorbell

was broken.

So, my cat

and kitten

let me know

he arrived.

Layla (kitten)

on top

of couch.

O’Malley(cat)

tries to get

out the door.

I lift him

to the arm

he unleashes

a Hulk-like

yell-hiss

at Layla,

unfazed.

I chuckle,

grab the

takeout

and think

about

shawarma.





Tickle Tickle



Wanna hear a light-

weight verse swaying

back, sashaying forth

you bob and giggle.

Or a piece that starts slow

against the rope-a-dope

you aren't expecting

the sarcastic jab,

sets up, an uppercut.

A knock knock-out punch-

line ending poem...


Kaboom!









Keith Snow has hosted/currated a poetry reading, and been a poetry editor. He has been published most recently in Dadakuku, Lothlorien Poetry Journal and Five Fleas. He continues to write, perform and submit to poetry mags while finding all of his voices.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Three Poems by Steve Klepetar

Changing So many women turned into trees  or reeds or weeping stones. There was a man bent over a pond  who became a flower. Another died  b...