Saturday 21 October 2023

Three Poems by Keith Snow




Egg Roles

 

An extra, yolk in Hollandaise Season.

A cameo in The Devil's Canapes.

Supporting actor in Chef Salad, the Movie.

Starring in The Quiche to Life.


 

The Glaring

 

Even in the slowest blink of a long "I"

cats, poets and magicians never

ever reveal, secrets

to their tricks

or treats!



Visceral

 

My wife will ask

did you talk to Greg

today

 

(I text  him

most days)

 

did he get my phone message

did

he pay that fine

when

is he getting here Monday

does

he have a girl friend?

 

I smile, shrug, smile, shrug 

I'm not sure but I know,

he knows Harden has been fined,

that the Blue Beetle bombed

He thinks I should add new lines

to my Broad Street Market poem-post.

 

I never ask Greg

about girls,

I just listen.







Keith Snow has hosted/currated a poetry reading, and been a poetry editor. He has been published most recently in Dadakuku, Lothlorien Poetry Journal online and Five Fleas. He continues to write, perform and submit to poetry mags while finding all of his voices.

 


2 comments:

  1. Short and to the point laced with humour.What's not to like!

    ReplyDelete

Pomegranates - Flash Fiction by V A Wiswell

  Pomegranates Flash Fiction by V A Wiswell         The grocery store’s fluorescent lights bounce off the shiny floors and into my eyes. It’...