Saturday 13 April 2024

Three Poems by John Patrick Robbins

 



Somewhere Beyond

 

The storm cast sky, there is a painted sunset’s promise where once I did embrace you.

Where I exist beyond this bar's darkened smoke cast tomb.

 

Where my memories soothe, instead of constrict, any hope for a thought beyond yours.

 

Where I can fade with dignity as an animal for which I have surely become.

 

I have to believe it exists, for its promise of these painted sunset skies are all I have left.

Hope is always best left for the hopeless to tend to an eternal flame of an uncertain tomorrow’s often overcast skies.

 

 

I'm Going Nowhere But Crazy

 

Drinking myself to oblivion staying up for days.

The humorous side deflects as the truth just sours the expectations of others.

 

I fear human contact so I keep company with animals and invisible forces summoned just after midnight who are as over me as you reading these very lines.

 

The loony bins a calling.

Good thing I'm slowly going deaf.

There's a fine line you can guess which side I'm on in this equation.

 

 

Shotgun Salad Dressing

 

Art and chaos embraced as lovers, as the human canvas is but secondary to the evening news thirst for sickened entertainment.

 

The preacher spews salvation as he counts his money along with your sorrows.

The truth is but an inconvenience we bottled it up to unleash it to a crimes scene's futures promise.

 

Keep your eyes down and tethered to your devices.

If ignored the problem will never go away.

The savages acknowledge the meek pretend.

 

Stupidity can never be erased but the persistence to remain in delusion can most certainly blow your mind.

Story at eleven, horror always makes for the best headline.





John Patrick Robbins is a southern gothic writer.

His work has been published in Fixator Press, Spill The Words Press, Horror Sleaze Trash, Disturb The Universe, Tge Dope Fiend Daily, Piker Press, The San Pedro River Review, Punk Noir Magazine and here at Lothlorien Jounal Of Poetry.

His newest book is Midnight Masochism from Black Circle Publishing available on Amazon.

His work is always unfiltered.

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems by Dr. Sambhu R

  Gooseberries “Ours, too, a transitional species, chimerical, passing…”—Jane Hirshfield The zinnias and pansies in our garden wake as ...