Thursday 18 April 2024

Five Poems by Paul Tristram

 



Time For Repercussions

 

Oooh, ‘Emotional Annihilation’

and ‘Sadistic Submission’

… hang on a minute,

I’m just gonna run and fetch

myself a paper napkin…  I’m

beginning to drip and dribble.

The term ‘Arachnophobia’

also covers Scorpions…

I can make both the pincer

arms on my tattoo move Alive.

Having a ‘Soft Spot For Ya’

is a little misleading…

what she actually means is

… you all dressed up smart

in ‘Cognitive Immobility’…

sounds like (Dreamboat) Goals.

“Awww, your cute/upset face

… we may never speak again!”

Obviously, I only agreed

to Scaffold you Dyadically

… so I could be the one ‘Hand

-ing’ you the ‘Crucifixion Nails’.

 


Guards Down

 

… we were laying

there

(all cwtched up)

listening to 

the torrential rain

battering

the windows…

when she said

(in a warm,

contented voice)

“I cannot

get any closer

to you,

it’s impossible.”

And, I replied

“Keep trying

… my sweetheart.”


 

Out Of The Fog

 

‘Acceptance’ can be a ‘Gateway’

to either a new found ‘Dignity’

or castrated ‘Meekness’…

depending upon Foundational

Character/Personality.

You do not NEED ‘Advice’,

nor to follow ‘Instruction’

or ‘Direction’ to Not do Wrong.

Even when the ‘Right Way’

is Obscured by Choices, Fears,

and Self-Sabotaging Reactions

… the ‘Darker Pathway’…

always remains crystal CLEAR.

‘Loop Back Around’… Life’s

Circles… Stronger, Wiser, and

Spiritually Advanced each time.

“I’m Still Growing”… leaves

room for E-X-P-A-N-S-I-O-N…

‘Ego’ is always a Drunk Driver

to each Learning Curve…

I will not dip or rise to meet you

I’m focused on my own Journey. 


 

Getting Back To Neutral

 

(Alquemie) ‘Dissolution’

… buoyancy…

graceful as you riSE

… upwards…

from the Ashes of

your former (shelf) self.

You Burned

‘Sober’… and, now,

complete ‘Faith’

in your unique Journey

and very own Footsteps

going F-O-R-W-A-R-D

… will carry you

Elevating higher…

than the ‘Grounding’

need for ‘Earthly’

Promises or Bible Pages.


 

Intro… Interlude… Outro

 

… ‘crops fail’

(start as you mean to go on)

 

… that silent witness

The Moon…

answers my questions

(intuitively)

with Soul-Shivers for ‘Yes’

… nothing for ‘No’…

and a hollow, silver,

metallic taste for ‘Maybe’

… it’s truer than Dice,

quicker than Runes,

and almost as sharp

as (single card) Cartomancy.

 

I never ‘Kiss’ mean people

(once discovered)

… not even… Goodbye.


Paul Tristram is a widely published Welsh writer who deals in the Lowlife, Outsider, and Outlaw genres.  He wrote his first poem as a teenager following his release from the (Infamous) Borstal ‘HMP Portland’, and he has been creating Literary Terrorism ever since.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems by Dr. Sambhu R

  Gooseberries “Ours, too, a transitional species, chimerical, passing…”—Jane Hirshfield The zinnias and pansies in our garden wake as ...