Sunday 7 April 2024

Three Poems by Jasna Gugić




FEAR


I’m standing naked

in front of my own fear.

Only him and me

in front of the mirror of

life. And I’m watching him

with wide eyes opened and

I’m asking him, is he

afraid of my ego

and my crazy desire to

win. He looks silently at

me, my fear,

indifferent, without a blink of an eye

without a heart,

and no hugs.

But now I feel like I’m prevailing,

crossing all obstacles of self-pity,

and the curses of the evil men in black.

And I feel my big fear shrinking

as I walk on my toes,

overrunning years of nonsense.

And I was born again

in the glare of the Universe,

free of burdens of the life

free to fly, somewhere where

no one can touch my wings

of dreamer.


 

TONIGHT


Tonight,

I could only write about

you long,

tender and incessantly,

without reason,

without blinking,

No regrets.

Just like my heart

without programs,

without schemes,

no combination.

Because you are,

of course,

gentle

and lazy,

but as if I knew everything about

you and you around,

as if it had always belonged to those

hands,

eyes,

Hugs.

Tonight

I could only write about

you and I touch the stars with

my hands

because you gave me your shine.


 

SADNESS


Tell me

my sorrow,

How to rest

of life,

tired,

like a jewel thief

in a dead end.

How to give

such a poor guy

broken hopes

full of regrets

To make him happy.

Like in a cloud

full of rainy sorrows

I'm painting a rainbow

full of life's joys.

Tell me

my sorrow.





Jasna Gugić is the Vice-President for public relations of the Association of Artists and Writers of the World SAPS; She is a co-editor of the anthology, Compassion—Save the World, one poem written by 130 world poets. Jasna is a multiple winner of many international awards for poetry and literature, and her work has been translated into several world languages. Her first independent collection of poetry was published in 2021, a bilingual English-Croatian edition, entitled Song of Silence. She lives and works in Zagreb, Croatia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems by Dr. Sambhu R

  Gooseberries “Ours, too, a transitional species, chimerical, passing…”—Jane Hirshfield The zinnias and pansies in our garden wake as ...