Wednesday 13 October 2021

Five Poems by Jeremy Scott

 



My Teapot is Leopard Skin


Food is the glue that

holds my teeth together,

but my teapot is leopard skin,

effective at hunting down

big game on the open tundra.

 

We are comet spray, multitudes

of frog eggs, and holy rollers.

 

Titillate the senses with amnesia,

but remember that narcolepsy

is catching.

 

If you want to make a pie you

first have to eat yourself.


 

Model of Space Craft Explosions


Inebriated at the thought of super glue,

I am a model of space craft explosions.

Practice what you eat, while singing

the praises of good oral hygiene.

Till the soil with bare knuckle brawlers

and you’ll be rewarded in heaven some

sun shining day.

 

I like to think of myself as a garden

of architects, growing with precision

and speed. 

 

The basic premise of my life

is that I don’t eat raw meat,

if it’s not cooked right.


 

Mercurial Egg Whites


Mercurial egg whites

slide towards infinity,

in the same sense

that Apollo was a man

and a god.

 

Jesus walks on oodles

of noodles for our transgressions,

if only to taste himself silly.

 

Messenger of divine transmission,

you Hermes, bring down that Wall.


 

Romancing the Visionary Slime


Ape like movie projections,

exit my piehole in order

to bring popcorn to yours.

 

Romancing the visionary slime

in your hair, makes me think

of better times, when war

would break out in pigeons,

and teacup pigs roamed free.

 

You smell like salmonella

and taste like hot cheese,

in other words,

beautiful.


 

Potato Chip Orchestration


Laying on the beach, sand in my snow crab legs,

we are shark bait, alive and breathing.

Potato chip orchestration of the vast conspiracy

to undermine the miners who dig for mercury.

 

I am the inevitable, you are fate,

we live somewhere in the throes of destiny,

for all there is to come.




Jeremy Scott (he/him) is from Albany, Georgia. He's @possiblyarhino on Twitter. His debut novella, Marginalia, will be published by Alien Buddha Press. His poetry has been published or is forthcoming in All Guts No Glory, Angel Rust, Fifth Wheel Press's flux digital anthology, Pies & Poems, Pink Plastic Poetry House, Selcouth Station, Versification, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Paul Tristram

  Time For Repercussions   Oooh, ‘Emotional Annihilation’ and ‘Sadistic Submission’ … hang on a minute, I’m just gonna run and fet...