Tuesday 10 January 2023

Three Poems by Digby Beaumont

 




Falling in Love

 

Fell in love with a small press publisher

Wrote poems, yearned for her lips

She moved in with a literary critic

Now sends me rejection slips

 

Fell for my financial adviser

Bought her a string of worry beads

She spent all her time with those city types

Ignored my investment needs

 

Gave up on ever finding true love

Adopted a cat, called her Nelly

She only has eyes for me now

As we spend our nights in front of the telly

 

 

What’s Mine is Yours

 

Baby you can drive my car

I’ll even let you play my Gibson guitar

What’s mine is yours

That includes my chest of drawers

And my mobile snack bar

 

 

The Nature of Being

 

My plumber, the existentialist

Appeals to the universe with open palms

How’s he supposed to fit our new boiler, he says

While he struggles with the concept of time

And the nature of being




Digby Beaumont is a widely published English writer. His flash fiction and short stories have appeared in more than 100 journals, magazines and anthologies, including the international anthology, The Best Small Fictions. His collection of one-page stories, Dancing Alone and Other Lessons, was released in 2020. Digby is also an artist. His artwork has been showcased in online journals and published extensively in collaboration with writers of poetry, fiction and music.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nine Poems by Rustin Larson

  Chet Baker   Just as a junkie would fall from a second story hotel window   in Amsterdam, I once fell from a jungle gym and hi...