Thursday 13 January 2022

Two Wonderful Poems by Yuu Ikeda

 



Whiskey's Kiss 

 

Time stops killing me

when a glass of whiskey kisses me.

 

My drunken brain sinks to

the bottom of mellow nocturne.

This crumble world vanishes

and rebirth as a hopeful hug of an angel.

 

Time stops breaking me

when a glass of whiskey kisses me.

 

This is my first kiss.

This is my last kiss.

 


I'm an impatient poet 

 

The scent of your cigarettes

soaks into my skin that craves your caresses.

 

I'm an impatient poet.

So, right now,

please give me your words

by caressing me.

 

The shape of the smoke

wraps my lips that emit desire for your kiss.

 

I'm an inpatient poet.

So, right now,

please give me your words

by kissing me.

 

I want to write about you.

I want to drown in you.




Yuu Ikeda is a Japan based poet. She loves writing, drawing, and reading mystery novels. She writes poetry on her website. https://poetryandcoffeedays.wordpress.com/

Her published poems can be found in <Nymphs>, <Selcouth Station Press>, <Sad Girl Review>, and more. And her first poetry collection “Living in Nightmares with Few Dreams” is now available on Amazon.

(pen name is D.Rose)

Her Twitter and Instagram :

@yuunnnn77

 

1 comment:

Five Poems by Paul Tristram

  Time For Repercussions   Oooh, ‘Emotional Annihilation’ and ‘Sadistic Submission’ … hang on a minute, I’m just gonna run and fet...