Friday 5 November 2021

One Poem by Moe Seager




Happy Birthday Mom

Happy Birthday Mom.
I look upon a picture of you.
I keep it on my kitchen shelf.
See, Mom I like knowing you're near.
No matter how far
I might travel
From our home, our city, your womb,
You were always a flash moment close
As I would think -
Mom would like this.

And hey Mom,
Now the distance between us
Is just in my imagination.
Today, you and I
Are so far apart
And yet you're here,
Here in this room in Paris,
Smiling fondly upon a photo.

Now, hear me call out to you Mom.
You gave, 9 children,
Abandoned you were
By that boychild of a husband.
You gave me the gift
Of play on a rainy day.
You're on the radio you always played,
Singing songs I still sing -
"Let the Little Girl Dance".
You gave me the gift of dance,
You inspired me to sing
Into the face of darkness,
Gave me the gift of laughter
In the face of sorrow,
Humour in the face of need,
The go-ahead
To leave your home for the big, big world.
You welcomed my boyhood poems.
You taught me
How to lick clean my wounds,
The wounds of another.
You gave me
8 Brothers and Sisters
To share these gifts with,
To share times good and bad
And good again.

Mom, my 4 children,
My 5 grandchildren,
Your offspring,
Carry you in themselves.

Oh, here I go,
Quietly to cry.

I hear you Mom,
Calling to your manchild,
"Ah honey, c'mere to me.
Give your Mother a hug".
Mom, I don't mean to 'Ham it up',

I'm just saying,

I LOVE YOU MOM.





Moe Seager is a poet and jazz & blues vocalist who sings his poems on stages in Paris, New York and elsewhere and has recorded 2 jazzpoetry c.d.s.

Seager founded and hosts Angora Poets (Paris) World Café,100 Thousand Poets for Change Paris and is one of the coordinators for le Fédération des Poètes Paris.

He has 5 collections of poetry and currently publishes with Onslaught press, Oxford, U.K.  Other poetry collections are issued from the French Ministry of Culture –

Dream Bearers,1990.

One World, Cairo Press –in Arabic translation, 2004 

We Want Everything in French translation, les Temps des Cirises, Paris, 1994

Perhaps, La Maison de la Poesie, Grenoble, France, 2006

Fishermen and Pool Sharks Busking editions, London, 1992

Additionally Seager won a Golden Quill Award (USA) for investigative journalism,1989  and received an International Human Rights award from the Zepp foundation, 1990.

He teaches writing in Paris.

Keep the Beat on the Pulse of Life!

Moe Seager
http://www.facebook.com/moe.seager

http://www.myspace.com/bluenotemetaphor

http://moe-seager.blogspot.com  


1 comment:

Nine Poems by Rustin Larson

  Chet Baker   Just as a junkie would fall from a second story hotel window   in Amsterdam, I once fell from a jungle gym and hi...