Sunday 23 June 2024

Five Poems by R. Gerry Fabian

 



Sitting With A Crying Crazy Homeless Man

On A Park Bench After His Balloon

Floated Away


“Hey, it will be okay.”

I console him.

“No, she’s gone.”

“I’ll get you another balloon.” I promise him.

“It won’t be Susan.”

He gasps chokes. “Susan’s gone.”

“We can get another balloon and you can call her, Suzie?”

His eyes light up.



Drawing The Line


Today I have eradicated

all the dandelions in the yard.

As I sit on the porch

in the late afternoon sun,

I chide myself

for what I have just done.


In my youth, I was

that bright yellow flower

turning to white wisps

to be blown by the winds.

That part of me is gone forever.


Yesterday, a lawn service agent

offered to rid my yard of clover.

I drew the line there.

The weaving of honey bees

is ingrained in my summer DNA

and found four leaf clovers

always buoys my spirits.



Accepting Neurotransmitters


Sometimes,

you need to plunge deep within

the laconic layers of an infected heart

using metaphorical hinged forceps

and slowly, softly squeeze

until releasing the dopamine surge

which will allow you

to smile and to dance

and to make nonsensical choices,

again.



Bandana Summer


Beads of salty water

cluster over the umber bodies

as the sun glints and refracts

on a series of ricochet rays.



Torch Motif


Doubts are novices

caught in elemental explanations

when poems and songs

come alive in immediacy.

They are how passion over rubs

what is learned dogma

and regret diminishes

with each inevitable repetition.

In a longer flash,

there is another

which becomes

the immediate captured moment

because no breath aligns

and the songs and poems

only explain consequences.





R. Gerry Fabian is a published poet and novelist. He has published four books of his published poems, Parallels, Coming Out Of The Atlantic, Electronic Forecasts and Ball On The Mound. In addition, he has published four novels : Getting Lucky (The Story), Memphis Masquerade, Seventh Sense and Ghost Girl. He lives in Doylestown, PA


His web page is https://rgerryfabian.wordpress.com 

Twitter @GerryFabian2

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010099476497

He lives in Doylestown, PA


2 comments:

Four Poems by Gary Bills

  GRATITUDES   I.   Ah, bless you Mother Moss, for your kindness  when I fall, in this, your sacred place, forgive my silly drunken steps, m...