Wednesday 17 February 2021

One Poem by Bhuwan Thapaliya

 




Trudging up


 

Forlorn in the lethal frozen slopes 

just a few meters beneath 

the summit of my dreams 

I bowed down with exhaustion,

in a cold, gritty wind.

Exhausted, with hope-tipped  

mountaineering sticks in hands, 

I wondered about my ancestor’s life

behind the blue door of the sky cabinets

and saw clothes of my ancestors fluttering

on a half broken clotheslines in the sky.

My vision slowly distorted,

an attitude sickness

or maybe more.

I coughed thrice, and suddenly

the spirit of my long lost dreams

in the canyons of the realism

rose from their  siesta and danced

around me shouting brisk words

of encouragement.

“Don’t give up, it’s only

 a mere altitude headache

you will get over it,”

they kept on chanting.

I stood shakily

and found myself 

trudging up 

my dreams 

gravelly trails 

once again.

 


 

Bhuwan Thapaliya is a poet writing in English from Kathmandu, Nepal. He works as an economist and is the author of four poetry collections. His poems and articles have been widely published in journals and periodicals such as Kritya, Foundling Review, FOLLY, The Journal of Expressive Writing, Trouvaille Review, Pendemics Literary Journal, Pandemic Magazine, The Poet, Litehouse, Valient Scribe, Strong Verse, Jerry Jazz Musician,  Taj Mahal Review,  Poetry Life and Times, VOICES( Education Project), Longfellow Literary Project, Poets Against the War, Mahmag.org( Magazine of arts and humanities),InnerVisions by Jay,  The Sound of Poetry Review, among many others. Thapaliya has read his poetry and attended seminars in venues around the world, including South Korea, India, the United States, Thailand, Cambodia, and Nepal.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Three Poems by Jan Coulter

  Our Demise   Night stars rend the moon in two, with ragged sword of experience.   Her edges raw and sharp are bleeding a...