Monday 1 February 2021

Three Poems by Andrew Scott

 




Goddess Of Death

 

Am appealing to your gentle side

as your strikes to the living

are creating anger and outrage

to those of us amongst the living.

 

Not positive of what you are

attempting to do with your efforts

but to bring u loss and sorrow.

 

Your victims are so young

and full of potential.

The bricks of our future

crumbled to blowing dust.

 

The lessons you are trying to teach

have been now engrained.

Fear who may be next

at an unexpected time.

 

The power and sorrow

that you yield is intense.

You are taking pieces of us all

as your venom is dealt.

We appeal to you, Goddess of Death.

Let us heal.

 

February 19, 2018

© Andrew Scott - Just A Maritime Boy 2018

 

 

Look In The Eye

 

I do not even know if I can get out of the car.

Breathing out all the nervous air in my mouth.

Running my left hand half way through my hair.

Staring out my dirty windshield.

Why am I even here today?

 

Never thought I would even see this person again.

Been done with everything for years

knowing justice would never be paid

to a person that was a community pillar.

 

When word got to me

that this person wanted to have a sit down

and ask for forgiveness of yesterday's acts

I did not know how to feel inside.

An emptiness settled in the pit of my stomach.

 

Age had given this person the feel of remorse,

knowing they did not have much time in this world.

Maybe if they forgave themselves, their aches would stop

however I am not sure if it will stop

the sweaty nightmares with me.

 

Walking up to the door, ready to knock,

my anxiety becomes heightened levels.

Breathing, I just want to leave

thought something is keeping me here.

 

The look in the eye is what I want

when forgiveness is sought.

Then I will know why a person

who never wanted it, needs it now.

 

March 7, 2018

© Andrew Scott - Just A Maritime Boy 2018

 

 

Dear Stranger XI

 

Dear Stranger, how have you been?

From where I am sitting

you have had a time full of havoc.

It is hard to watch up here.

 

Trying to understand

how people can let a person

walk into a place

armed to take the life

of so many innocent people.

 

Children are walking into a school

and should be coming out

with only the times of that life,

not facing the prospect

of never coming out.

 

People lining up to go to

a Friday night dance club.

Looking nice and full of energy.

The buzz should never be taken

by the spray of bullets.

 

Everyone is looking over shoulder,

unsure if they are even going

to make it home each day.

 

It does not make sense

how it is alright

that there is that much fear

with trying to live.

 

You can make the change

by not being bought off

and believing in what is right.

Until you stand up

and take those steps

to stop the bleeding

you will be a stranger to us all.

 

February 19, 2018

© Andrew Scott - Just A Maritime Boy 2018

 



Andrew Scott is a native of Fredericton, NB. During his time as an active poet, Andrew Scott has taken the time to speak in front of classrooms, judge poetry competitions as well as had over 200 hundred writings published worldwide in such publications as The Art of Being Human, Battered Shadows and The Broken Ones.

 

Andrew Scott has published five poetry books, Snake With A Flower, The Phoenix Has Risen, The Path, The Storm Is Coming and Searching and one book of photography, Through My Eyes.  Whispers Of The Calm is his sixth poetry book.

 

To contact Andrew, email …andrewscott.scott@gmail.com

http://twitter.com/JustMaritimeBoy
http://andrewmscott.com
http://www.facebook.com/andymscott

http://www.facebook.com/JustaMaritimeBoy



No comments:

Post a Comment

One Poem by Bartholomew Barker

  Happy Hour Still in our dry-clean only's my tie loosened— top button relaxed after the work day At a long cobbled-together table...